Monday, February 5, 2007

If I Had a Column...

I have given in to the temptation of creating "another blog". For years, I've kept an online journal here , but my first blog, "Lessons in Waiting", actually appeals only to my family and friends. My relatives abroad check it to be updated of the happenings here in the Philippines, while my friends read to find out the latest in my labyrinthine journey as a Christian attempting to be a lawyer, and vice versa.

In this blog I hope to feature stories of more interest to the general public. The posts would still revolve around things I'm familiar with, because I can confidently write only of what I know. Perhaps I'll talk about movies, travels, songs, concerts, plays, poems, books, and other addictions I have.

If I can't have my own column on broadsheet, which experts say might disappear in a decade or so anyway, then I'll just take advantage of push-button publishing to once more realize one of my dreams.

This blog is for dreamers like me, who can choose to drink coffee or tea while reading this, as if they were holding the Lifestyle pages of their favorite daily newspaper.

At least, that's the plan so far.

No comments: