Friday, March 2, 2007

The Excuse for Not Writing Here

I started this blog thinking I needed another outlet for my idle mind, but shortly afterwards I started on a project that involved traveling and writing. I realized I could not write about what I did, because almost all the experiences I went through had to go to the website I was helping to build, and my blogs could only catch the leftovers, so to speak.

I used to be a voracious reader, but after entering law school where we were made to read reams of photocopied material every week, I had little energy left to devote to bedtime reading.

My mom, a piano teacher, is sensitive to noise and hardly listens to the radio. She says after listening the whole day to all sorts of sounds from her students, her ears needed to rest. Papa would be the one to play records (before) and CD's of his favorite classical tunes. About the only time Mama listens to the radio is when she irons clothes on Sundays.

So now that I have to write for a living, I'm finding it hard to write for leisure.

That's my excuse.

No comments: